12. 23. 2019
Written by: Metro Air
Winter is here! Unfortunately, below freezing temperatures in the Midwest are here to stay for a while. Is your heating system ready for the task of keeping you warm for the next few months? Here is your winter heating system checklist! This will ensure your system is in the best condition as possible to efficiently heat your house.
What you can do yourself:
- Replace/clean your filters: Inspect, clean, or change your heating system’s air filters every other month. This not only helps prolong the life of your system, but it also helps save energy and reduce your utility bills.
- Don’t obstruct vents: Make sure vents inside your home are not blocked or covered up. Blocked vents not only prevent air from flowing freely, but they will make the heating system work harder than it must. This can lead to premature system breakdown.
- Check the outside unit: Snow, ice, dirt, or other debris can build up on or around the outside portion of your heating system. So, make sure it’s as clear as possible so it can function well and maintain proper heating levels.
- Use a programmable thermostat: A programmable thermostat will help keep your home comfortable no matter what time of day it is. You can program the temperature to adjust as needed! Because of that, you’ll save energy and help offset energy bill costs. If you don’t have one of these, contact us for options! They’re affordable and convenient to use all year long.
What you should have the professionals at Metro Heating & Cooling do:
- Check for blockages: Our trained team will inspect blowers, indoor coils, and ducts to make sure there are no obstructions that could cause a problem.
- Inspect internal components: We will ensure that your heat exchanger, gas connections, and all other electrical components inside the machine are working properly. We also measure motor currents and capacitor capacitance. This will help prevent unexpected failures when it’s really cold or when you are away from you home. These inside parts can break down or need repair and if they’re ignored, it could become a fire hazard.
Your home’s heating system will be working hard this winter. So, be sure to stay on top of your heating system maintenance to ensure you won’t be left cold this season. Contact us today to schedule your preventative maintenance appointment. Or, talk to us about a repair or getting a new furnace or heat pump.
12. 16. 2019
Written by: Metro Air
Being a homeowner means investing in things that make your home comfortable and a new heating system is one the best investments you’ll make. At this time of year, expenses can add up quickly. The last thing you want to do is add in an unexpected furnace breakdown. That is why setting up your appointment to have a new reliable heating system installed by our professionals at Metro Air Heating & Cooling is a good idea.
Our convenient financing options help customers around the area pay for their new system. Our plans range from three to eight-year loans and interest rates are significantly lower than current credit card interest rates. Further, many of our financing options are no interest loans. That means you will have more money in your pocket at the end of the loan term! Our financing options are based on approved credit.
Some of the benefits of a new heating system:
- Reliability: a new furnace or heat pump will last 10-15 years
- Energy savings: new systems are EnergyStar® rated and will help save energy and reduce your utility bill
- Comfort: There is nothing like bundling up inside on a cold Midwest day next to your new system. It’s comfort at the touch of a button!
Ready to talk to us about a furnace replacement or a heat pump installation? We are standing by to answer your questions! Putting off a replacement could cause a bigger problem down the road. Not to mention, you will be left with an unreliable system that could break down at a moment’s notice. Metro Air Heating and Cooling has been serving residential and commercial clients for more than three decades. That’s experience that you can trust. Let us help you with different options and offer suggestions on which system will work best for your home or business. Contact us today for more details on systems and financing choices!